Wednesday 19 March 2014

Seven Day slim down results!

So I finalllly got a break fro college to post my seven day slim down result.....


Lets start with the actual stats of what I lost:

In 7 days  I managed to loose 2kgs which I felt was pretty impressive!

Given that I didn't push it to an hour a day of cardio and I also managed to sneak in a few coffee's I was impressed!


My legs muscles feel very solid as do my abs!

I also don't know what muscle mass or fat mass I lost/gained over the week as we don't have a (cheap) body fat calculating facility in Cork!


Here are a few after pictures ;) ( I was after lunch so excuse the abs :P)







So lets start with the pro's :)
  • The diet allowed you 5 meals a day at regular intervals which I liked as I wasn't starving throughout the day
  • By following the steps it really made you take notice of what you actually normally eat through out the day!
  • I generally had enough energy to do hard gym sessions and didn't feel particularly weak
  • I lost 2kg's (most importantly :P)
  • Now that I've finished the plan I don't crave unhealthy foods as much!

And now the con's :(
  • Around day 3 and 4 I felt really drained and tired and I'm not sure was that the diet or the fact that I was sick with a headcold!
  • Meal prepping took A LOT of time! I had to know what I was going to eat a day in advance!
  • 2 workouts a day was also time consuming! they were difficult to fit in around college and study but I usually had to wake up super early to fit one in!
  • My muscles got really stiff half way through the week and this held me back from the gym I wanted to do!
  • It was expensive to buy lots of fruit and veg on the diet plan! I recommend using more seasonal green's that are cheaper!

Now the main question..

Would I do it again?

To be honest I probably would! I mean I lost weight, I wasn't too miserable and it was a balanced healthy diet

Would I do it soon? not a chance!

You need to have a lot of spare time to fit in the workouts and meal prep but I would defiantly do it again in the future! ( maybe pre-summer holiday detox?)

Well that it really! Challenge completed! 

Did you enjoy my posts? 
Do you think I could improve them? 
Comment below!

Much love!
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment